Papua New Guinea Union Mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
The Adventist Technology team is the internal managed service provider to many of the church-run entities across Papua New Guinea. It hosts and supports services ranging from core business applications such as accounting and payroll, with the majority of support involving technology-based infrastructure for various church entities ranging from church administration, education and media.
An exciting and innovative role that will be both challenging and rewarding and will suit someone keen to make a difference and see the fulfilment of the Church’s mission.
The Seventh-day Adventist Church (PNGUM) is seeking a highly talented and innovative team player to join an existing team with the same qualities to continue innovating the Church’s digital, information and communication technology (ICT) programs. This would include working within an existing framework to achieve the Church’s mission, establish and manage existing enterprise architecture, and work to improve operational effectiveness. This full-time role will report to the Technology Department Management Team and be based at the head office in Lae.
- Strong commitment to the teachings, values, beliefs and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church as a practising member.
- Qualification in ICT, with a high level of knowledge gained through ongoing professional development and training with at least 3 years’ corporate experience in ICT.
- Strong team player; ability to lead and the ability to accept and follow directions.
- Proven hardware and systems troubleshooting.
- Proven experience with the following technology is essential:
- Networking/virtualisation/Windows Server technologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work alone and achieve high outputs without being requiring frequent management.
- Graduate qualifications in computer science, engineering or a related discipline.
- In-depth experience with radio transmission/Cisco IOS/Fortigate/Terminal services/DNS Management
- Domestic and international travel may be necessary.
To apply or for further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications must address the selection criteria and include an updated resume, three work-related referees and the contact information of your Seventh-day Adventist Church pastor.
Applicants must have the right to work in Papua New Guinea.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this vacancy at its discretion and/or close application early.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.