Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Limited
Do you want to put your office administrative skills to work? Do you love supporting and serving the needs of others? Are you passionate about the mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church? This role could be for you! Seeking a part-time 24 hours per week Departmental Assistant to provide administrative office support, event coordination and project assistance to the Field and Ministerial Association Secretary at the Division Office in Wahroonga NSW.
The Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Limited is seeking a dedicated, experienced, and highly efficient departmental assistant to support the work of the Field and Ministerial Association Secretary. Based at the Division head office in Wahroonga NSW, this part-time position (24 hours per week) requires an individual who is well organised, self-motivated, with excellent communication and people skills.
The Field Secretary is a religious practitioner and minister who carries out special projects and responsibilities in an advisory capacity and serves the SDA Church in a pastoral and theological role. Ministerial Association supports ministerial personnel in SPD institutions and liaises with the Ministerial Association secretaries at the Unions and GC.
As Departmental Assistant, you will support the dual responsibility of the Field and Ministerial Association Secretary by providing administrative office support, event coordination and project assistance.
- Must be a practising, baptised member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment and belief in the teachings, values, and mission of the Church.
- Have or be eligible to hold the appropriate Seventh-day Adventist Church licence.
- Appropriate Secretarial/ Office Administration qualifications.
- Previous experience in office administration or similar.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to proof-read, edit and format documentation with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise with excellent time management skills.
- A working knowledge of the Seventh-day Adventist Church structure and organisation.
- Well organised and able to work to deadlines, managing documentation with efficiency and accuracy.
- Well-developed people skills with the ability to connect and relate to people from diverse backgrounds.
- Maintain confidentiality and professional discretion.
- Professional and caring approach towards clientele, normally administrators, departmental leaders, pastors, pastoral spouses and their families.
- A good understanding of database function and Lotus Notes.
- A demonstrated capacity to work effectively in a team and at times independently, working under instructions as well as able to undertake tasks autonomously.
- Ability to prepare presentations and reports.
For further information and a full job description please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please email applications addressing the selection criteria, including your CV, three work-related referees and the contact information of your Seventh-day Adventist Church pastor, to email@example.com.
Only those who have current Australian work rights may apply for this position.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications once an appointment is made.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.