Avondale University College
Avondale University College is a Seventh-day Adventist organisation driven by our mission and values. If you share our passion for supporting the delivery of Christian tertiary education and can align with our mission, ethos and lifestyle principles, then we encourage you to apply.
Avondale University College (Lake Macquarie Campus) seeks applications from suitably qualified and experienced academics for the position available in Mathematics. The level of appointment will be determined on the qualifications and experience of the applicant.
The appointee will be required to undertake teaching and research. Duties will include:
- teaching undergraduate units in mathematics at the 100, 200 and 300 level;
- undertaking scholarly research and activities;
- supporting and upholding the Special Character of the institution.
- Applicants should have relevant tertiary education experience relevant qualification at PhD level and have demonstrated experience in inspiring and motivating student engagement.
- Relevant tertiary education experience;
- Relevant qualifications at PhD level;
- Ability and willingness to integrate faith and learning in a Christian tertiary institution;
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate student engagement;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a team member;
- Have a willingness and ability to be involved in and contribute to Avondale’s research profile;
- Supportive of the mission, values and ethos of Avondale; and
- Demonstrated ability to supervise Higher Degrees by Research;
Minimum Standards for a Level B Academic (Lecturer)
A Level B academic will undertake independent teaching and research in their discipline or related area. In research and/or scholarship and/or teaching a Level B academic will make an independent contribution through professional practice and expertise and coordinate and/or lead the activities of other staff, as appropriate to the discipline.
A Level B academic will normally contribute to teaching at undergraduate, honours and postgraduate levels; engage in independent scholarship and/or research and/or professional activities appropriate to their profession or discipline. They will normally undertake administration primarily relating to their activities at the institution and may be required to perform the full academic responsibilities of and related administration for the coordination of an award program of the institution.
Minimum Standards for a Level C Academic (Senior Lecturer)
A Level C academic will make a significant contribution to the discipline at the national level. In research and/or scholarship and/or teaching they will make original contributions, which expand knowledge or practice in their discipline.
A Level C academic will normally make a significant contribution to research and/or scholarship and/or teaching and administration activities of an organizational unit or an interdisciplinary area at undergraduate, honours and postgraduate level. They will normally play a major role or provide a significant degree of leadership in scholarly research and/or professional activities relevant to the profession, discipline and/or community and may be required to perform the full academic responsibilities of, and related administration for, the coordination of a large award program or a number of smaller award programs of the institution.
For the selection criteria of the above positions, please visit www.avondale.edu.au/about/employment. Applications, addressing the selection criteria, with contact details of at least three referees, should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Avondale University College is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to make a delayed appointment, not to appoint, or to appoint by invitation
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.