Avondale University College
Avondale University College seeks suitably skilled applicants to work as part of the Security team. The security team provide a visual security presence to ensure the safety of students, staff, visitors and property of Avondale University College.
Avondale is seeking applications for casual general assistants in security to cover a variety of shifts including day, evening, and weekend on-call.
- Hours of work will be provided by the Security Manager.
- Opening and closing of Avondale buildings as required.
- To monitor and check vehicles entering the campus and whether they comply by showing authorised parking sticker.
- Provide information and direction to guests and students on campus and be able to explain rules and regulations in a professional manner.
- To note the entering and leaving of buildings and to report any security breaches to the Security Manager.
- To advise of any WHS issues to the appropriate department manager and maintenance department.
- Maintain logs and records of occurrences by recording any information on the Avondale IT network.
- Incidental duties which need not be of a security nature.
- Provide First Aid if and when necessary.
- To be familiar with and understand Avondale’s Emergency and Evacuation Procedures and carry out emergency procedures as necessary.
Conduct duties as rostered or on an on-call basis.
- Hold a current First Aid Certificate;
- Possess good communication, decision-making and problem-solving skills; and
- Promote and follow safe work practices.
Avondale University College is a Seventh-day Adventist organisation. If you share the passion for delivering Christian tertiary education and can align with our Christian-based principles, then we would love to hear from you.
Applications, addressing the selection criteria, with contact details of at least three referees, should be e-mailed to email@example.com.
Selection criteria and job descriptions are available at www.avondale.edu.au/employment.
Avondale University College is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to make a delayed appointment, not to appoint, or to appoint by invitation.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.