Avondale University College
(12-month appointment – Maternity Relief)
Avondale University College and seeks to appoint a Faculty Officer for the Lake Macquarie campus for the 12 month period January to December 2021 to replace the substantive incumbent whilst on Maternity Leave.
The Faculty Officer provides operational and administrative support for the Faculty which incorporates the Schools of Arts & Business, Nursing & Health (primarily based at Sydney Campus), Ministry & Theology, and Education to ensure effective and efficient delivery of services. The role will coordinate University College wide processes across the faculty through working with the faculty based administrative staff for the implementation of procedures and processes for operational and compliance matters and for coordinating projects and writing reports as directed by the supervisor at the Lake Macquarie Campus. In addition, the role has other specific functions within the Faculty.
The successful applicant will be highly motivated, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and have superior organisational skills. In addition, applicants should have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent experience;
- Highly developed skills with information and communication technologies with demonstrated aptitude with Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Highly developed project management skills and demonstrated administrative experience in managing change;
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a team;
- Capacity to supervise, motivate and support others in the implementation of policies, procedures and processes;
- Supportive of the mission, values and ethos of Avondale.
Avondale is a Seventh-day Adventist organisation driven by its mission and values. If you share our passion for supporting the delivery of Christian tertiary education and can align with our mission, ethos and lifestyle principles, then we encourage you to apply.
For the selection criteria of the above position, please visit www.avondale.edu.au/about/employment. Applications, addressing the selection criteria, with contact details of at least three referees, should be e-mailed to email@example.com
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have the right to work in Australia.
Avondale is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to make a delayed appointment, not to appoint, or to appoint by invitation.