Avondale University College
Avondale is a Seventh-day Adventist organisation driven by its mission and values. If you share our passion for supporting the delivery of Christian tertiary education and can align with our mission, ethos and lifestyle principles, then we encourage you to apply.
Avondale University College seeks to appoint an Events and Marketing Officer at our Lake Macquarie campus during the 16 month period February 2021 to May 2022 for a Maternity Leave position.
This key purpose of this role is to identify, conceptualise and deliver events that further progress and enhance Avondale’s partnerships.
The Events and Marketing Officer is responsible for managing, coordinating and successfully delivering all recruitment, experiential and educational events for current and prospective students of Avondale University College. The role also contributes to the growth of revenue for Avondale by identifying and attracting external events to campus.
The successful applicant will be highly motivated and have:
- A Degree in Communications, Marketing, Hospitality, Events or other relevant discipline;
- At least two years’ experience in a similar role in a busy environment;
- Demonstrated strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks with conflicting priorities;
- Strong customer service focus;
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Exceptional ability to project manage, conceptualise, theme and brief stakeholders on events;
- Ability to work well under pressure with the ability to problem solve;
- Attention to detail;
- Advanced IT and database management skills;
- Support of the mission, values and ethos of Avondale.
For the selection criteria of the above position, please visit www.avondale.edu.au/about/employment. Applications, addressing the selection criteria, with contact details of at least three referees, should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have the right to work in Australia.
Avondale is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to make a delayed appointment, not to appoint, or to appoint by invitation.
To apply for this job please visit avondale.edu.au.