Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Ltd
The South Pacific Division is the head office of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in the South Pacific.
An exciting and innovative role that will be both challenging and rewarding and will suit someone keen to make a difference and see the fulfillment of the Church’s mission.
The Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Limited is seeking a highly talented and innovative leader to transform the Church’s digital, information and communication technology (ICT) programs. This would include developing strategies and capabilities to achieve the Church’s mission, establish and oversee Information Governance, ensure establishment of an enterprise architecture, and direct the ICT services resourcing and structure to improve operational effectiveness. This will be achieved by partnering with key Church leadership, technology customers and the resources of Adventist Technology. As Director of Technology Operations and Strategy, you will be adept at strategic planning and implementation, possess leadership and interpersonal skills to be a change agent assisting the Church with the ever-changing technology landscape. This full-time senior management role will report to the Chief Financial Officer and be based at the Division head office in Wahroonga, NSW.
Adventist Technology is the SPD’s internal managed service provider to many of the entities across the South Pacific. It hosts and supports services ranging from core business functions such as accounting and payroll through to specialised custom applications, for various church services ranging from church administration, to education and aged care. Adventist Technology also drives innovation and develops custom software to support the needs of their clients while promoting a high sense of cyber security resilience.
- Strong commitment to the teachings, values, beliefs and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Have or be eligible to hold the appropriate Seventh-day Adventist church licence/credential.
- Qualification in computing or business administration discipline, with a high level of knowledge gained through ongoing professional development and training.
- Proven successful leadership at a senior management level such as CIO, including experience with change management.
- Outstanding leadership record in a large, complex organisation with multi-site operations and facilities.
- Demonstrated success in managing large teams of IT professionals with a focus on building capability and capacity in a high performing and collaborative culture.
- Proven successful leadership in business transformation enabled by technology and business innovation.
- Demonstrated executive-level skills in developing and implementing an effective IT strategic plan, with the ability to think critically about risk, capability and impact.
- Experience in successfully planning and implementing multiple, large-scale projects within competing time-frames.
- Strategic planning experience, including the ability to establish direction and make critical decisions using professional standards of budget planning and contract management.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively liaise with a wide range of stakeholders and consulting partners.
- Postgraduate qualifications in computer science, engineering or a related discipline.
- Previous experience as a technical lead for major technology implementation.
- Domestic and international travel may be necessary.
To apply and for a full job description please email email@example.com. All applications must address the selection criteria and include an updated CV, three work-related referees and the contact information of your Seventh-day Adventist Church pastor.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this vacancy at its discretion and/or close applications early. Must hold the relevant eligibility to work in Australia.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.