AdSAFE is a service of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in the South Pacific Division. AdSAFE provides protective services for children and vulnerable persons across Seventh-day Adventist entities in Australia, New Zealand and in time the wider South Pacific region.
Great opportunity available to join AdSAFE Ltd in its provision of protective services for children and vulnerable persons across the Seventh-day Adventist entities in this 1 year fixed term contract. Apply today or contact AdSAFE for more information.
Brief description of role
The role of the Case Officer for Survivor Service is to receive and assist with coordinating responses to abuse allegations. This involves being the point of contact for a complainant throughout an investigation and being AdSAFE’s point of contact for survivors of abuse.
Based at the South Pacific Division head office in Wahroonga NSW, this will be part-time, 1-year fixed-term contract, reporting to the Team Leader of Survivor Services and Redress.
- Supportive of the values, beliefs and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- A relevant tertiary qualification such as social work, social sciences or psychology.
- Strong understanding of case management principles and demonstrated ability to provide ethical, trauma-informed, flexible and client-centred case management.
- Demonstrated experience in child protection trauma-informed case management, and the impact of trauma on survivors of abuse.
- High level interpersonal and written communication skills, including the ability to influence, negotiate and relate to people at various levels.
- High level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Proven communications and people management skills.
- Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously as well as to work cooperatively within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage varying and/or conflicting stakeholder demands.
- Capacity to travel within NSW and interstate as required.
- Computer literacy particularly with Microsoft office suite.
- Hold a current Working with Children Check (NSW).
- Willingness to undergo a National Criminal History check.
- Working knowledge and understanding of child protection in a religious context.
- Experience in providing advice on the implementation of child protection compliance.
- Previous experience in a religious, Not-for-Profit or charitable organisation highly valued.
For further information about the role and AdSAFE please contact: Natalie Renshaw at +612 9847 3488 or email@example.com
To apply please forward all applications, including a cover letter addressing the key criteria, and your CV to:
The General Manager
PO Box 966
Wahroonga NSW 2076
Only those who have the legal right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications early.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.