Bethesda Care Ltd
Bethesda offers a comfortable, homely Care Centre with a difference. With strong connections to the Seventh-day Adventist church, we're a not-for-profit Christian organisation. We an essential Service Provider.
Calling all Chefs!
Bethesda is committed to providing healthy and nourishing food in a homely and professional manner. This is a great opportunity for you to work with a dynamic and committed team, in a unique and rewarding environment.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Our Cook will be required to:
- Present meals in a homely, yet professional manner
- Competently produce meals with varied nutritional requirements, as directed by the Dietitian and Head Chef, following detailed recipe job sheets
- Work shifts covering Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, with an opportunity to work extra hours as required
- Lead a small a team of kitchen staff under the direction and delegation of the Head Chef
- Demonstrate effective time management and ability to work without supervision
- Heavy lifting is also a requirement for the role, moving and handling training (annual) will be provided
Skills and experience
A successful applicant will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Effective communication, especially when interacting with elderly Residents
- Positive attitude and friendly personality
- Empathy for the needs of the elderly and their families
- Excellence in timekeeping and personal management
- Excellent personal hygiene and presentation
- Leadership in the kitchen environment
- Sound problem-solving skills
- Commitment to personal and professional standards
Experience and Qualification required for the role of Cook:
- Level Three NZQA certificate in basic cookery or similar, minimum requirement.
- Recognised food hygiene certificate, required.
- Proven ability in specialty food preparation, preferred
- Experience in catering, minimum 5 years preferred
- Experience in café, preferred but not essential
- Experience in Health Care environment, preferred but not essential
- Experience in Customer Service, preferred but not required
- Be a part of a New Zealand charitable Christian organisation providing a continuum of care for over 65’s.
- Great location near Westfield Manukau, motorways and public transport.
- Experience and qualifications will be recognised with a competitive salary package
- A friendly small team and in a supportive environment.
- Career Development support.
- Flexible working
This is a fantastic career opportunity for you to develop your leadership skills!
We’re looking for someone who can hit the ground running, so if you enjoy a challenge and you looking to make a difference.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and may make an appointment prior to the date applications close.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a chef?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How would you rate your English language skills?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?
For more information, please contact Deborah Marshall, Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.